MORU KEERAI RECIPE
Adjust the number of red chillies according to your spice preference,
I used palak here, you can use other variety of greens.
If your yogurt/curd is not sour, add little tamarind while cooking the greens.
cups finely chopped spinach - 3
cup sour curd/yogurt - 3/4
1. In a small pan, heat 1/2 tsp oil and fry the red chillies and fenugreek seeds.
2. Grind with coconut, cumin seeds to a smooth paste.
3. In a kadai add the chopped spinach, 1/4 cup water and cook till the spinach is wilted.
4. Add the ground coconut paste, salt and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
5. Whisk the curd well and add to the spinach. Cook till the curd starts to froth. Remove from heat.
6. In a small pan, heat oil and add mustard seeds, red chilly and urad dal. Once dal turns golden, pour into the curry.